Desktop Policy - Power Savings
- Displays only if the Desktop Policy addon module is installed.
The Power Savings page generates a report that shows an estimate of how much money can be saved, or has been saved, using a particular power policy. An independent power audit is scheduled as part of the standard audit and collects power settings from all managed machines including those without the Desktop Policy client installed.
A power audit is performed on a machine whenever a power policy is applied to the machine and is also performed by the latest audit, typically on a daily basis.
- Compare machine baseline audit information with:
- Compare With - Select a defined power policy to see how much you can save by switching over to the selected power policy.
- Include All Machines - If checked, includes the independent power audit results for all Windows 2003 and Windows XP machines without Desktop Policy installed along with the results from machines with Desktop Policy installed. Checked by default. Does not include Windows 2000, Vista, or 7 machines.
- Compare most recent power audit data with:
- Compare With -
Baseline Power Policy - Shows power savings by comparing the baseline power policy to the latest audit for each machine. The baseline power policy represents what was in place before Desktop Policy was installed on the machine.
- Compare With -
Last Deployed Power Policy - Shows power savings by comparing the last deployed power policy to the latest audit for each machine. This value should be the same as the most recent power audit data, unless some of the users have changed their settings since the last time a power policy was applied.
- Report Period - Enter the reporting period for the report:
From Baseline Collection Time.
Set Report Values
Set the values that the power savings estimate is based on or leave them set to their default values.
- Average PC Watts - Enter the number of watts an average PC in the system uses.
- Average Monitor Watts - Enter the number of watts an average monitor in the system uses.
- Cost of kilowatt-hour (kWh) - Enter the cost per kilowatt-hour (kWh).
- Currency Symbol - Enter the currency symbol associated with the cost entered in the Cost of kilowatt-hour (kWh) field. This currency symbol displays in the report.
Make changes to the following advanced settings or leave them set to their default values: