The Set Parameters page sets the default parameters for your remote control session. These settings are remembered on a per VSA user basis. Changes take effect immediately and are reused every time you start remote control. See Select Type for a description of the different types of remote control packages.
WinVNC and K-VNC Options
- View Only Mode - You can view the remote machine. No mouse or keyboard events are sent to the remote machine.
- Hide WinVNC system tray icon on the remote machine - Check this box to hide the WinVNC icon on the remote machine.
- Restrict to 64 colors - The display is set to 64 colors. This is useful for slower connections.
- Full Screen mode - The entire display of your local machine is used to display the screen contents of the remote machine. Exit by displaying the remote control menu (default F8) and unselect Full screen.
- Full Control - You can view and/or control the screen keyboard and mouse of the remote machine.
- View Only - You can view the remote machine. No mouse or keyboard events are sent to the remote machine.
- File Transfer - Start a file transfer (FTP) session with the remote machine. This mode presents you with two standard file browsers, one for the remote machine and one for your local machine. Drag and drop files between the two machines in this mode.
- Full Screen View Mode - The entire display of your local machine is used to display the screen contents of the remote machine. This option is only available for Full Control or View Only sessions.
- Encrypt Data Stream - Checking this box encrypts all traffic between your local machine and the remote machine.
- Updates/sec - Sets the maximum number of updates per second RAdmin generates. Higher update rates consume more CPU cycles on the remote machine.
- Color Format - Specifies the number of colors used for remote control. Large color formats use more bandwidth.
Terminal Service Options
- Console mode - Remote control the console session of the remote machine.
- Full Screen mode - Use your full screen to remote control the remote machine.
- Fixed Screen size - Set a fixed width and height for your remote control session.
- Share Disk Drives - Connect your disk drives to the remote machine.
- Only share the following disks - Enter the specific drive letters to share, or leave blank to share all disks.
- Share Printers - Connect your printers to the remote machine.
- Disable Desktop Wallpaper - Turn off wallpaper on the remote machine for faster processing.