A report set is a collection of report definitions. You can run or schedule a report set definition just like you would an individual report definition. This saves you the trouble of running or scheduling individual report definitions one at a time. All individual reports in the report set use the filtering and distribution settings you select when a report set is run or scheduled.
You assign report definitions to a report set definition in the right hand pane, using the Assigned Reports section of the Schedule tab.
Report set definitions are organized using two folder trees in the middle pane, underneath Private and Shared cabinets. Use the following options to manage objects in these folder trees:
- Folder Properties - Display the name, description, and owner of a folder, and your access rights to the a folder.
- (Apply Filter) - Enter text in the filter edit box, then click the funnel icon to apply filtering to the folder trees. Filtering is case-insensitive. Match occurs if filter text is found anywhere in the folder trees.
When a Folder is Selected
When a Report Set Definition is Selected
- Edit Report Set - Edits the selected report set definition.
- Delete Report Set - Deletes the selected report set definition.
- Run Report Set - Publishes the selected report set definition immediately.
- Schedule Report Set - Schedules publishing of the selected report set definition.
Creating a New Report Set or Editing an Existing Report Set
You can set the following options for a report set.
- General - Enter the report set name and description.
- Message - Enter the subject line and message used to notify users when the report set is distributed.
Running / Scheduling a Report Set
You can click Run Report Set to run the report set immediately or click Schedule Report Set the schedule the report set to run in the future, once or on a recurring basis. You can set options in any of the following tabs.
- Schedule Report Set - This tab displays only when you click the Schedule Report Set button, not when you click the Run Report Set button. Schedule the report set to run once or periodically. Each type of recurrence—Once, Daily, Weekly, Monthly, Yearly—displays additional options appropriate for that type of recurrence. Periodic scheduling includes setting start and end dates for the recurrence.
- Filters - Filter the selection of data included in the report set by organization, machine group, machine ID or view. For some report sets a department filter and service desk filter are available.
Note: All individual reports in the report set use the filtering and distribution settings you select when a report set is run or scheduled.
Note: Filtering by organization or machine group is mandatory for most types or reports. You can publish report sets across multiple organizations by selecting a View Definition.
- Distribution - Select recipients of the report set. By default the person running or scheduling the report set is selected as an Info Center > Inbox message recipient. Selected users can be sent an Inbox user message or an email. Visibility of users is limited by the scope you are using.
- General - Change the message used to notify users when the report set is run.
Managing Published Report Sets
Select any report set to see the following tabs in the right hand pane.
- Schedule - This tab shows two sections:
Viewing Published Reports and Report Sets
Recipients of reports and report sets can view published reports in these locations:
- In the Schedule tab of Reports, Reports Sets, or Scheduled Reports, click the next to a
Completed report or report set to display a dialog box that contains one or more hyperlinks to published reports.
- If published to a recipient's Info Center > Inbox, click links embedded in the Inbox message.
- If published to a recipient's email address, open the published reports as email attachments.