- Similar information is provided using Info Center > Reporting > Machine Summary.
The Machine Summary page for any machine ID can be displayed immediately by Alt+clicking the check-in status icon next to any machine ID.
Online but waiting for first audit to complete
Agent online and user currently logged on. Icon displays a tool tip showing the logon name.
Agent online and user currently logged on, but user not active for 10 minutes
Agent is currently offline
Agent has never checked in
Agent is online but remote control has been disabled
The agent has been suspended
Alternatively, you can navigate to the Audit > Machine Summary page, which lists all machine IDs currently matching the Machine ID / Group ID filter, and click any machine ID to display the Machine Summary page.
Note: Clicking a check-in icon displays the Live Connect page for a machine ID.
Displaying the Machine Summary Page Using a URL
The following URL displays the Machine Summary web page for a specific machine ID:
The Machine Summary page allows users to perform tasks and functions solely for one managed machine. A tabbed property sheet provides access to various categories of information about the managed machine. The user can customize the layout of the Installed Applications and System Info tabs. The following elements are displayed in Machine Summary:
- Installed Applications - Lists all the applications installed on the managed machine. See Audit > Installed Apps.
- System Info - Lists system hardware attributes and related information. See Audit > System Info.
- Disk Volumes - Displays disk volume information. See Audit > Disk Volumes.
- PCI & Disk Hardware - Displays type, vendor, and product names. See Audit > PCI & Disk H/W.
- Printers - Lists the printers and ports a machine can direct print jobs to. See Audit > Printers.
- Pending Procedures - Displays and schedules pending procedures for a machine and the procedure history for that machine. Includes the execution date/time, status and user who scheduled the procedure.
- Click the Schedule Another Procedure
button to schedule a procedure not yet pending. Once selected and scheduled, the procedure displays at the bottom of the Pending Procedures section.
- Click the Schedule button to schedule a selected procedure to run in the future or on recurring basis.
- Click the Run Now button to run a selected procedure once immediately.
- Click the Cancel button to cancel any selected pending procedure.
- Agent Logs - Displays the logs available for a machine: Alarm Log, Monitor Action Log, Agent Log, Configuration Changes, Network Statistics, Event Log, Agent Procedure Log, Remote Control Log, Log Monitoring.
- Alerts - Defines alerts for a machine: Agent Status, Application Status, Get File Changes, Hardware Changes, Low Disk Space, Event Log, LAN Watch, Agent Procedure Failure, Protection Violations, Patch Alert, Backup Alert.
- Patch Status - Displays
Pending Microsoft patches and schedules missing patches. If a machine belongs to a patch policy, missing patches may be further identified as
Denied (Pending Approval). The user can manually override the denied patch policy by scheduling the patch.
- Click the Schedule button to schedule a selected missing patch.
- Click the Cancel button to cancel a selected pending patch.
- Click the Show History link to display the history of patches installed on the managed machine.
- New Ticket - Click this link to create a new ticket assigned to this machine ID. This link displays only when you Alt+click a machine ID icon to display this page.
Customizing the New Ticket Link
To customize the New Ticket link on the Live Connect or Machine Summary page fill out the
externalLink.xml file as described in the comments section of the XML below. To activate the new ticket link, place the
externalLink.xml file in the
\WebPages\install\ directory of your KServer.
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1" ?>
URL STRING SUBSTITUTIONS: The URL string displayed is associated
with a particular machine ID. The string is searched for the following
case sensitive values and substituted for the values below.
machineNameVal - the machine name for the active machine is substituted
in the URL string.
groupNameVal - the group name for the active group.
<ticketLink displayName="Ext Ticket" url="http://192.168.212.52/?mname=machineNameVal&gname=groupNameVal"/>