Monitor > Monitor Log
- This page applies to the following products: On Premises, Kaseya Advanced, Kaseya Essentials, IT Center, IT Workbench
- Clicking the monitoring log icon next to a single alarm for a specific machine ID in the Monitoring Set Status dashlet of the Dashboard List page displays this same information as a popup window.
The Monitor Log page displays the agent monitoring object logs in chart and table formats.
Machine ID.Group ID
Click a machine ID link to display log data for all monitor sets assigned to that machine ID. The list of Machine.Group IDs displayed is based on the Machine ID / Group ID filter and the machine groups the user is authorized to see using System > User Security > Scopes. If no machine IDs display use Monitor > Assign Monitoring to apply monitor sets to machine IDs.
Select monitoring object to display information
The page displays a list of monitoring objects assigned to the selected machine ID.
Select a counter object by clicking the View link. The selected row is bolded. A selected row displays either as a chart or table.
Note: If a monitoring object cannot be represented by a chart, only the table view is available.
Click the expand icon to display details about a monitoring object.
Click the refresh icon to refresh data when no values display. Applies to non-responsive monitoring.
If your monitor doesn't show any log values, verify the following:
- Check the sample interval of the counter object. Once a monitor set is deployed counters return values to the monitor log using their specified sample interval. Wait for the sample interval plus the agent check-in interval for the first value to come back.
- If there are no values returned, check Counter Thresholds for the Monitor Counter commands. If no values on the monitored machine or device meet the collection threshold they will not be inserted into the monitor log.
If a monitor isn't responding, the log displays the message
Monitor Not Responding. There can be several reasons for no response from the monitor:
- Counters - If your monitoring set includes a counter that does not exist on a managed machine, the log displays
Not Responding. You can troubleshoot the monitoring of counters for a specific machine in two ways:
- Use the Monitor > Update Lists By Scan page to scan for all monitor counters and services for that specific machine ID.
- Connect to the machine managed by this agent, select the Run command in the Start menu, enter
perfmon.exe, click OK, create a new Counter Log, and check for the existence of the counter objects/counters/instances that aren't responding.
- A counter value of -998 in the monitor logs indicates the monitor set is returning no data. Check that the the
Performance Logs & Alerts service in Windows is running. This is a pre-requisite for monitoring of performance counters.
- Services - If your monitoring set includes a service that does not exist on a managed machine, the log displays
Service Does Not Exist.
- Processes - If your monitoring set includes a process that does not exist on a managed machine, the log displays
- Permissions - Make sure that the permissions for the agent's working directory are set to full access for
NETWORK SERVICE. This can happen if the agent working directory is placed in the
c:\program files\ or
c:\windows directories. This is not recommended as these directories have special permissions set by the OS.
The type of monitor object: counter, process or service.
Monitor Set Name
The name of the monitor set.
The name of the monitor object.
The last value reported.
Bar Chart / Table
Select the Bar Chart or Table radio option to display data in either format. Only monitor objects of type Counters can be displayed in bar chart format.
- A bar chart displays the last 2000 data points at the sample interval rate. The background of the chart displays in red for alarm threshold, yellow for warning threshold and green for no alarm.
- Table log data displays the most current values first and displays alarm and warning icons on log data that falls within these thresholds. See Define Monitor Set for more information.
This buttons display only if Table format is selected. When more rows of data are selected than can be displayed on a single page, click the and buttons to display the previous and next page. The drop-down list alphabetically lists the first record of each page of data.