System > Orgs/Groups/Depts/Staff > Manage
- This page applies to the following products: On Premises, Kaseya Advanced, Kaseya Essentials, IT Center
The Manage page defines the organizations you do business with. Typically an organization is a customer, but an organization could also be a business partner. Organizations are associated with Scopes, tickets and with desk definitions.
Within an organization you can define:
- General - General settings for the organization.
- Machine Groups - Machine groups associated with this organization.
- Departments - A unit of administrative responsibility within an organization.
- Staff - Personnel assigned to a department.
- Custom Fields - Assigns values to custom fields used to classify organizations.
Manage > General tab
Click New to display the Add Organization window, or click a row in the middle panel, then click Edit to display the Change Organization window. Enter the following attributes:
- New/Convert - Select New Organization if no other data source exists to convert from. If Service Billing is installed you can create a organization by converting an existing customer record or vendor record.
- ID - The record identifier. Can only be changed using the Rename button.
- Org Name - The display name for the identifier.
- Org Type - The type of organization. See Organization Types.
- Default Dept. Name - The default department for the organization.
- Default MachGroup Name - The default machine group for the organization.
- Org Web Site - The organization's web site.
- Number of Employees - The number of employees in the organization.
- Annual Revenue - The annual revenue of the organization.
- Preferred Method of Contact - The organization's preferred method of contact:
Phone, Email, Mail, Fax
- Parent Organization - The parent organization of this organization. The parent organization must be previously defined to display in this drop-down list.
- Primary Phone - The primary phone of the organization.
- Primary Email - The primary email of the organization.
- Primary Contact - The primary contact for the organization. A contact is a staff member of a department.
- The address of the organization:
- US State
- Zip Code
- Map - Clicking this hyperlink displays the location of the address in Google maps.
Three pre-defined organizations are provided:
is the organization of the service provider using the VSA. All other organizations in the VSA are second party organizations doing business with
. The default name of
, should be renamed to match the service provider's company or organization name. This name displays at the top of various reports to brand the report. Agents installed to internally managed machines can be assigned to this organization. VSA user logons are typically associated with staff records in the
is the org assigned to agents installed on your KServers. This makes it easy to apply specialized settings to KServers, which are typically maintained differently from other agent managed machines.
is the default organization to assign an agent. Maintaining multiple agent install packages in Agent > Deploy Agents, one for each organization, can be time consuming. Instead some server providers use a single agent package for the
organization and perform all installs using this package. System > Naming Policy can reassign new agents to the correct organization.group ID automatically—the first time the agents check in—based on each managed machine’s IP or connection gateway. Agent > Copy Settings may be used afterwards, to manually copy specific kinds of agent settings by machine ID template to the type of machine revealed by the initial audit.
Manage > Machine Groups tab
Define the machine groups associated with this organization. Machines are always defined by machine group and machine groups are always defined by organization. You can define multi-level hierarchies of machine groups by identifying a parent machine group for a machine group when the machine group is created.
Adding / Editing a Machine Group
For a new machine group enter the following attributes:
- Name - The name of the machine group.
- Parent Group - Parent machine group. Optional.
Manage > Departments tab
Departments can be defined within an organization, customer record or vendor record. Example:
. All staff members are defined by the department they belong to. You can define multi-level hierarchies of departments by identifying a parent department for a department when the department is created. You can reassign a staff member to any other department within the same organization, customer record, or vendor record.
Adding / Editing a Department
For a new department enter the following attributes:
- Name - The name of the department.
- Manager Name - The name of the department manager. Optional. You must create a staff member before you can assign that staff member as the manager of the department.
Manage > Staff tab
Create staff members within departments and maintain contact information for each staff member. Contacts and their phone numbers can be associated with tickets and with desk definitions. Staff member information can also be updated by Active Directory using Agent > View AD Users.
Adding / Editing a Staff Record
- Full Name - The full name of a person within the organization.
- Department - The department the person is associated with. The department must be previously defined to display in this drop-down list.
- Supervisor - The person this staff member reports to. The Supervisor must be previously defined as a staff member in the same department.
- Title - The person's title in the organization.
- Function - The function the person performs in the organization.
- Phone Number - The person's direct phone number.
- Email Address - The person's email address.
- User Name - VSA user ID associated with this staff member. Required to View All Tickets and for Time Tracking.
- View All Tickets - If checked, the VSA user associated with this staff member can view all tickets in his or her scope as well as tickets associated with this specific staff member record. If blank, this VSA user can only view tickets associated with this specific staff member record.
A staff member record must be associated with a VSA user to approve timesheets and have visibility of timers.
- Approve All Timesheets - If checked, this staff member can approve any timesheet in his or her partition. This ensures all timesheets can be approved in a timely manner, if other approvers are temporarily unavailable.
- Approval Pattern - Specifies the approval pattern required to approve this staff member's timesheets. Approval patterns determine whether the staff member's supervisor, or the supervisor's supervisor, or both, are required to approve the staff member's timesheet.
Note: See Time Tracking configuration options.
Visibility of Service Desk Tickets by a Staff Member
If a VSA user name is associated with the staff member record of an organization, then that VSA user has visibility of tickets associated with that staff member record even if the VSA user's scope does not allow it. Any tickets created by that VSA user are automatically associated with their staff member record and organization. This method primarily supports machine users using Portal Access to create and manage their own tickets. Machine users expect to have access to all the tickets they create and to any tickets created on their behalf, but may have no scope privileges defined for them. If a scope does exist for a VSA user associated with a staff member, checking the checkbox called View all tickets in the staff member record provides visibility of those additional tickets by scope.
Example: Dale is the main customer contact for the XYZ organization. He is provided a scope that allows him to see all tickets related to his organization, even tickets not created by him, so the View all tickets checkbox is enabled. Brandon from the XYZ organization contacts the service desk to submit a ticket as well. Initially it's unclear whether Brandon should have access to any other tickets beyond the tickets he himself creates, so the View all tickets is left unchecked. Later, if Dale okays greater access for Brandon, the service desk provider can assign a scope to Brandon and check the View all tickets checkbox.
Manage > Custom Fields tab
Assign values to the custom fields displayed on this tab. The values you assign are used to classify organizations. The titles of the custom fields displayed on this tab can be customized using Site Customization > Org Custom Field Title.