The Live Connect page displays by clicking any check-in icon, for example , next to any machine ID in the VSA. Live Connect enables you to perform tasks and functions solely for one managed machine. A menu of tabbed property sheets provide access to various categories of information about the managed machine.
- Home - The first view displayed when the Live Connect window opens. You can customize the Live Connect Home page using System > Customize: Live Connect.
- Agent Data - Displays agent data and initiates agent tasks on the managed machine.
- Audit Information - Displays the software and hardware configuration of the managed machine.
- File Manager - Provides two file managers, one for your local machine and one for the remote machine ID, enabling you to browse and transfer files between the two machines.
- Command Shell - Opens a command shell into the managed machine.
- Registry Editor - Displays the registry of the managed machine ID. You can create, rename, refresh or delete keys and values and set the data for values.
- Task Manager - Lists Task Manager data for the managed machine.
- Event Viewer - Displays event data stored on the managed machine.
- Ticketing - Displays and creates tickets for the managed machine.
- Chat - Initiates a chat session with the currently logged on user of the managed machine.
- Desktop Access - Initiates a remote desktop session with the managed machine.
- Anti-Malware - Displays the Anti-Malware status of the managed machine, if installed.
- Anti-Virus - Displays the Antivirus status of the managed machine, if installed.
- Discovery - Displays the Network Discovery status of the machine, if installed.
- Video Chat - Initiates a audio/video chat session with a logged on machine user.
This same Live Connect window displays when a machine user clicks the agent icon in the system tray of the managed machine, with certain restrictions applied. This machine user view of Live Connect is called Portal Access.
Note: For more details, see Remote Control > Live Connect.